12/09/2023

Winter comet - The ninth door


The puffy star is back!
It all started with a large tube of bead soup, at least ten years old. I know many beaders hate bead soup, but I'm Swabian, and throwing beads away would feel like ripping my heart out, especially Delicas. I couldn't think of anyone to give it to, either.
It was easy enough to pour out the whole soup and pick out just the beads needed, though, mostly clear ones in this case. Bead soup doesn't scare me.

At first I had wanted to try something that didn't work out the way I had hoped, like so often, so I ripped it up again and made a winter comet instead, or maybe an ice comet.

The web tells me that comets have two main tails - gas and dust - and a coma.
Well, this comet has a baroque pearl and quartz tail because gas and dust are very hard to make from beads. Also a comet doesn't look like a puffy star, but artistic license and fantasy do wonders.
Just don't tell NASA about it.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love the idea of a comet - as long as it doesn’t hit the Earth. And this bead version will do nicely. Beautiful!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may drop on the floor, but I doubt it will have much impact, so we should be fine! ;-)

      Delete