12/26/2023

Little Angel Sunshine

Oh Sweets, you are just a little too late to be in the Nativity play, but that's okay, there's always next year.
No, actually this is NOT another advent calendar door although you could think that.
Which reminds me, thank you if you have been following this year's advent calendar. I hope you had some fun with it.

Now where does this little angel come from?
This is Sweets from Mattel's Sunshine Fun Family. I was a little confused at first because I knew the Sunshine Family which had a father, a mother, and baby Sweets (and later there were also grandparents and an African American family). I had not been aware that later there was also the Sunshine Fun Family in which Sweets had been older and there was a new baby.

If you have been following me for a while, here, on Facebook, on Instagram, you may have noticed that there are a few themes that keep turning up. Cats, tentacles, and wings. Be prepared for this not to change anytime soon (or ever).
After I had finished the Christ Child, I remembered that my sister had a small collection of vintage Mattel children, Tutti, Todd, Chris, and Carla, Barbie's siblings and their friends, and I thought they would nice little angels with smaller wings, so I asked her if she would give me one of them.
That's how Sweets Sunshine made her way to me. My sister thought with that face she would make a pretty angel and I had to agree.

I beaded a white gown with short puffy sleeves for her and gave her bead embroidered wings.
Someone gave Sweets a haircut on top, but as her long hair had originally been in ponytails and was hard to tame anyway, I made a golden star embellished headband.

For a spontaneous idea, she turned out pretty well, don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. Sweets is adorable! Such a cute, happy little angel with some awesome wings. :D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'm thinking about the best way to make her fly from my wardrobe rod in the hallway where she can watch over Flapper Christie :-D

      Delete
  2. She's adorable! While the Christ Child is elegant, regal and other worldly, this Sweetie is fun, playful and so cute! Plus, you got to make more wings! :) Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, wings! There are more ideas, you know ...
      Thank you very much!

      Delete