12/03/2023

Under the mistletoe - The third door


When I had the idea to bead a mistletoe ornament, I had no clue how long it would take me to finish this although it's by no means as big as the real mistletoe that I showed you some years ago when I told about the different stories and tales behind this plant in my 2014 advent calendar.


The most difficult part was probably that the finished twigs kept getting in the way. No, wait, I think the most difficult part was when der Dekan stole the project and ran with it after I had put it down for a short break. He's such a thief and he knows exactly what he wants to steal - everything I don't want him to have!
I refused to let him have something I had already spent hours on, though, and confronted him at the box from my last grocery store delivery behind which he hid quite cleverly. Not clever enough for me, though. He gave me quite the look when I took his new toy from him again!

The twigs are beaded in Herringbone stitch, the leaves are brick stitch.
The pearls are actually a little too big, but they have a personal meaning to me which is why I used them.
I beaded the mistletoe in a way that would make it look good from both sides as I don't know yet where it will hang.
And now excuse me while I'll be dragging my cats under it and smooch them mercilessly! ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Your rendition of mistletoe is perfect! I have never seen real mistletoe, so I appreciate that you shared that picture is well. I am so glad der Dekan didn’t break it while he had it. Yikes!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle!
      My neighbors have mistletoe in the trees in their garden, so we have always had beautiful big ones on our door for years and I'm very familiar with them.
      Isn't he a dirty little punk? *lol*

      Delete
  2. While I describe many of your creations as cute and adorable, this one can only be described as elegant. Perfect for holding over the heads of the kitties while giving them lots of smooches. How does der Daken feel about smooches even as he's plotting his next caper? Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn, this idea really made me happy as I love mistletoe (I think the trees don't do so much)!
      Der Dekan reacts as he always does - he either tolerates it and snuggles up or he tries you rip you up at the first attempt if he's not in the mood. There is never an in between with him!
      Gundel, on the other hand, may try to move her head, but usually bears it with her usual grace.

      Delete