12/18/2023

O Christmas tree - The eighteenth door


Can't do Christmas without a Christmas tree, can we?
In 2016, I made this pair of mismatched earrings with a very shiny tree in seed beads.


But can we put a Christmas tree on the tree? Of course we can, if only because I had enough beads for one, but not two of them. So obviously it had to be an ornament for the calendar.

This time I used matte dark green Delicas which are more realistic than silver lined beads - and happened to be part of a surprise bead order, just perfect - but in order to create the shine of the season, I turned semiprecious stones into baubles and added gold seed beads.
My tree comes with its very own pot. It's from dark blue hex beads with seed bead and Delica embellishments.


Would this qualify as a happy little tree, what do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely, I would call that a happy little tree! All the different ornaments on it are just right. And, cats can't climb it, although they could steal it. ;) Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is exactly why this is NOT hanging on my tree ;-)
      Thank you, Dawn!

      Delete
  2. This is such a festive little tree! I love it. This Advent calendar is so much fun.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it because I really tried to keep it interesting by making different designs.

      Delete
    2. You succeeded!

      Delete