12/24/2023

Christ Child Dawn - The twenty-fourth door


Happy Christmas Eve!


In last year's advent calendar I told you about the tradition of the Christkind (Christ Child) who is the gift bringer in my area of Germany - an angelic figure with wings and golden locks, sometimes with a halo, sometimes with a crown.
The idea to turn a Topper Dawn into an angel eventually, obsessed with making wings as I am, just had to come to mind when I first thought about projects for this year's calendar, but not before I finally started working on her in November, it came to me that she wouldn't just be an angel, she would be the Christ Child on Christmas Eve which of course is the gift bringing day here in Germany.


P.S. I know that I usually talk a little about how I made an outfit, but it's Christmas and it doesn't seem the time for detailed descriptions.
If you have questions, let me know in the comments!


Dawn was a registered trademark of the Topper Company. I am not affiliated with Topper in any way.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing. 🙋‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is breathtaking, Cat! I can’t imagine that you started working on her only in November. Wow! The wings are incredible. I understand why you like making them. Your work is amazing!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle :-D
      Late November, too. I was very lucky to be off work or she might not have happened in time ;-) But you know me, once I get into the flow, it's hard to stop!

      Delete
  3. I'm late leaving a comment, but it's never too late to comment on something as exquisite as this beautiful work of art. My eyes keep moving from one place of interest to another and my brain is trying to take it all in. So much work, talent, skill and creativity went into this - she belongs in a museum or an art gallery. :) Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does make me very happy, thank you so much, Dawn!
      And what she really needs is a new cabinet. My Topper have no chance standing next to the Barbies being so much smaller, but so far I haven't found a good spot for a cabinet yet.

      Delete