12/01/2022

Decorations - The first door


Are you ready for a new advent calendar this year?
It has been four years that I did the last one, and I'll try to present some customs and stories that I haven't shared yet, some of which I even hadn't heard of myself before, to be exact.
By no means do I claim to be complete in my posts, but as usually, I will provide links, so you can look up more about a topic that is particularly interesting to you. And please, if you find something that is not right, let me know!

Last year I missed sharing pictures of my Christmas tree here which looked different from the years before because I had to take the criminal energy of a certain kitten into account and therefore had no breakable ornaments at all on my tree, only my wire knit "pineapple slices" and the wire crochet baubles.
That kitten has turned into a big ole cat, and I thought about the right spot for the tree for a long time before I decided to give it a break this year. The master loves to pull things and he has not only become very strong, but has also been in extreme hunting mode lately. My usual trick of wrapping two of the branches around the bars of the stairs would probably not be enough.

To get into the Christmas mood and to set the mood for the advent calendar, however,
here are this year's decorations from the hallway.

The full view.


The window sill with the Lego ornament and the Discworld advent calendars of which there were unfortunately no new ones in the last two years :-(


The Steiff parade with Santa Claus, the Christmas mice, and the cute teddy ornaments.
Seems my felt polar bear has sneaked his way in there as well!


And of course my advent calendar tree made by Paul from Phoenix Glass waiting for its beautiful lampwork embellishments from the little parcels, well protected by my needle felted/bead embroidered snowman.


I know, I know. You have seen them (almost) all before.
Have you noticed, though, that some of the non-beaded baubles (and the usual mistletoe which is so big this time that I have to cut it up a little first which really is a shame) are missing from the hallway decoration?
Maybe I need those free spots.
Who knows? I might not have shown you all of the decoration yet, so I won't spoil the surprise for some of the upcoming posts ...

8 comments:

  1. I love the beaded snow man and to see all these well behaved and well dressed Steifs waiting together for a happy Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irith!
      They are a jolly little Christmas bunch. I think Santa has a very close eye on them ;-)

      Delete
  2. You are braver than I would be with Der Dekan out and about! Love the Discworld skellies (of course she does, you whisper)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Debbi, this is not the hallway of my flat, but of the house. No access for cats that just tried to take down my magnetic board *facepalm* It's a good idea not to have a tree this year.
      And of course you! Aren't they so cool?

      Delete
  3. I was worried about all of those beautiful ornaments until you explained that they are not actually in your flat. They'd never survive the mighty hunter! Very festive, Cat. I love seeing your polar bear with the other animals and I'm looking forward to seeing the mystery decorations that you teased us about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first ones to go would be the little parcels!
      I thought about taking some of the breakables and put them out in the hallway as I don't have a tree, but they would need big hangers, so they could go on the rods. At the moment I don't have any silver tone wire in the right gauge and my hands are not ready for stainless steel!

      Delete
  4. I hadn’t seen them before! So festive! I love your skeleton Santas. Yeah, I’m weird. :D

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you being weird. I literally squeed when the first calendar came out. For some reason I only got one for my pal as a gift, but they sent me two, so I squeed again when opening the parcel and a third time at the reaction of my pal.

      Delete