12/23/2010

The twenty-third door


As children before Christmas we used to ask: "How more nights do we have to sleep?" I even tried to sleep faster which was just as hopeless as trying to force "re-runs" into my brain after I had heard that dreams which you have three times come true. I never got to see the living Kasperle from one of my favorite children's books series.

As grown-ups we feel time is flying by. "Only one more night we can sleep before it's Christmas??"

Which one is better? I often wish I was more like my cats, nah, let's say I could afford to be more like my cats. They live from second to second, minute to minute, hour to hour ... you get the idea.
And I never have the feeling they think life is slipping from them. They do live in the moment.

I'm looking forward to my vacation and to having the chance to do that again. Live each moment. Spend the holidays with family and maybe friends. Drink when you are thirsty, eat when you are hungry, sleep when you are tired - and watch all your TV show DVDs from the first to the last season.

Sorry, I guess I just had one of "those" moments ;-) It happens when you are my age.

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm ...I've heard of that living in the moment. I wish I were more like my cats too. They are so unaffected by the frantic pace at which I live...just so long as their bowl is full, and their box is clean. I hope you have a wonderful, and restful vacation Cat. You deserve it. ♥ xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete