12/08/2010

The eighth door


Maybe you remember that I told you about our old cemetery before.
Yesterday on the way home I walked by there in the early evening and the silent beauty overwhelmed me. Now this is a place that wears snow very well, so-to-speak. Of course I didn't have my camera on me. So I decided to come back the next day with my camera and take some pictures to capture the mood.

Bear with me. These are not professional photos, I don't have a super camera, if I'm lucky however, you'll still understand what I mean.

This is the side entry to the cemetery. If you have a closer look, you see the church (Oberhofenkirche) through the trees.


The effect of the light shining at the pillars through the snow on the ground is beautiful and a little mysterious, don't you think?


Just a few steps and you'll see the Oberhofenkirche in its beauty. Maybe I'm biased because this church was an important part of my childhood and teenagehood. Although I am not active in church anymore, I still get that special feeling when coming by here.


Doesn't it look peaceful? One look to the left ...


... one look to the right where the snow is glowing softly in the warm light of one of the lamps scattered throughout the cemetry.


I wish I could have taken a picture of one of my favorite tombs, but it was really too dark for that. So I left again through the other side entry, back into the "ordinary" world.


1 comment:

  1. It's so beautiful Cat, and so peaceful. You are lucky to be surrounded by such beauty. Thank you for sharing this post and pics. <3

    ReplyDelete