12/19/2018

How Gundel tried to steal Christmas - The nineteenth door


I sat at my desk wasting my time away on randomly clicking my way through the internet when I heard that sound behind me. At first I didn't even look. There's still an open parcel on my table and Gundel likes to check it out every, now and then. The little lady likes to bite heavy paper and plastic, but she doesn't nibble on it like Greebo used to on cardboard. Sometimes she'll carry it away.
Then I started to hear something rustling and a sound as if something was falling a small distance, more like sliding back into place. And again. When I finally turned around to see what was going on there, Gundel was sitting next to the gift bag my co-workers had given me. I had seen her look inside before, but what was it that was so interesting to her?


Unfortunately you can't see it in this picture and when she managed to lift the mysterious item, she dropped it so fast again that I couldn't get a picture at all.
It was the plastic baggie with the Christmas cookies! Ponder, the old master thief, has taught her well, it seems. First the baubles off the tree (we are at Gundel: 4  Ponder: 2  Tree:0, and I'm not counting the little LED candle that I had put in front of the tree and that she keeps knocking off the stairs), the constant attempt to pull the ball chain off, now the cookies, what will be next?


Not that Gundel is feeling guilty at all ....

8 comments:

  1. ehhehehe the purr-fect picture of the cat thief :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She knows exactly that I could never be mad at her when she gives me such a look!

      Delete
  2. They are adorable kitties. We are at Jak 3, Lotty 0, tree 0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. Looks like Jak joined the same class! :-o
      Sweet Lotty <3

      Delete
  3. She looks a little guilty in the last pic. I hope they get catnip for Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that may be because of her clouded eye which always looks smaller. I can promise she didn't behave guilty at all. I love how quickly she became so bold after moving in her as an emaciated stray last year :-D She's just what Ponder needed, both bossy and adorable.

      No catnip, they are not so wild about that. I'll have their favorite snack and a nice long game of fetch!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like she's been spending too much time hanging out with Ponder...

    She looks great; so happy she found a home with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly remember how it used to be without her! She keeps making me laugh, and we are still having little surprises.
      I'm convinced it was destiny that brought us together.

      Delete