5/10/2015

Quote of the week

Thanks to the portrait pendants I have been making lately I started my journey into classic horror. No one knows where this journey will end, but I hope you'll be there with me.
Today we go into the woods of England. There we will find Larry, a lord's son, who has come home because his older brother had a fatal accident. He is ready to take on his duties.

One day he comes into the village's antique store to meet Gwen there, the shopkeeper's lovely daughter. He buys a cane with a wolf handle and an engraving of a five point star and a wolf. Gwen explains to him that this is the sign of the werewolf and Larry asks what that means.
 
Gwen: There's an old poem.
"Even a man who is pure in his heart and says his prayers by night,
May become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."

Poor Larry, maybe you should have stayed in the USA instead of coming home to meet your fate there.


The Wolf Man, USA, 1941

No comments:

Post a Comment