5/20/2015

Oldies but Goodies - Amphibians and reptiles

There's no telling what the next Oldies but Goodies Challenge at the Jewelry Artisans Community will be, and there's not much more telling what the members will come up with.
Some topics are more difficult than others, but who knows, maybe it will give us new ideas and the kick to incorporate those things in our designs more.

This week was about amphibians and reptiles. I do have reptiles myself (not real ones), turtles, snakes in various forms, but no frogs. Now I'm thinking a frog cuff would be fun. What do you think?

And this is what else we got as entries ... frogs, and snakes, and turtles, oh my (to put a little variation on The Wizard of Oz ;-))!



1 MC Stoneworks
2 Jewelry Art by Dawn
3 Cat's Wire
4 Violetmoon's Corner
5 RioRita

4 comments:

  1. Go for the frog cuff. With your creativity, I'm sure it will be fun and unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely on my list. I'll need a good picture first to help me make a draft. Joe doesn't happen to have pictures of frogs, does he?

      Delete
  2. I would love to see a frog cuff from you, Cat!

    If you need some good reference photos, Wet Canvas has a huge library of photos for their members to use. You'd have to register, but the site is a vibrant community and a wonderful resource for all kinds of artists.

    Love the challenge entries and the collage you have put together of the work that was submitted - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still on my list. Thank you for the tip about the photos! I haven't found a picture that would have worked yet, so I might have to take a look there.

      Yes, it was a fun challenge this time.

      Delete