5/27/2015

Oldies but Goodies - Jasper

Way before I even thought about making jewelry, I hung out in shops where you could buy tumbled rocks among other things (for me it was more the scarfs and incense sticks). I have to admit that I looked down on most of them because they didn't sparkle. There were some nice colors, yeah, but I didn't see their true beauty back then. 
Things have changed over the years. It was at a little village fair where I got my first tumbled rock, a picture jasper. I still have that one, by the way.

This week the Jewelry Artisans Community's Oldies but Goodies Challenge was about jasper. You should have a look because there were more beautiful stones than just these ones.


1 Jewelry Art by Dawn
2 Violetmoon's Corner
3 Cat's Wire
4 The Crafty Chimp
5 MC Stoneworks
 
Today I also have an extra picture. I got this Owyhee Jasper cab many years ago, too. Can you see the mountains in the back, the branch at the top, the lake and the trees? This cab won't go anywhere, I'll treasure it. About time I made something with it, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment