10/30/2011

Quote of the week

Imagine your highschool reunion. People talk about what they have been doing the last years, about their jobs, their careers, their kids, houses, pets and cars. Harmless fun, isn't it? Not that exciting, though, unless one of your old buddies happened to become the president of a tiny state in the South American jungle ....
..... or a paid hitman.
Now if you happen to have been in love with said hitman who just left you standing for your prom, this could get an exciting reunion, even more so when his new assignment is to go after your Dad.

Marty is not sure about his job anymore and therefore seeks help of a therapist who is afraid of him unfortunately.

Marty: Don't you think maybe you're just upset because I told you what I do for a living and you got upset and you're letting it interfere with our dynamic?
Dr. Oatman: Woah! Martin, you didn't tell me what you did for a living ...
Marty: Yes, I did!
Dr. Oatman: You didn't tell me what you did for a living for four sessions. Then you told me, and I said "I don't wanna work with you!" And yet you come back every week at the same time. That's a difficulty for me. On top of that, if you've committed a crime or if you're thinking about committing a crime, I have to tell the authorities.
Marty: I know the law, okay? But I don't want to be withholding. I'm very serious about this process. And I know where you live.
Dr. Oatman: Oh, now see. That wasn't a nice thing to say. That wasn't designed to make me feel good. That's a kind of not-too-subtle intimidation and I, uh ... I get filled with anxiety when you talk about something like that.
Marty: Come on, come on.
Dr. Oatman: I mean, that's ...
Marty: I was just kidding, all right. The thought never crossed my mind.
Dr. Oatman: You did think of it, Martin. You thought of it and then you said it. And now I'm left with, uh ... with the aftermath of that ... thinking I gotta ... I gotta be creative in a really interesting way now or Martin's gonna blow my brains out.

I don't want to be a spoilsport, but Dr. Oatman is actually one person who survives ...


1 comment: