10/16/2011

Quote of the week

I remember lying on the rug in the living room on the farm of my godmother's parents. I don't know how old exactly I was, but I still was a child. There was this book on the shelf I kept staring at. Until this day I connect the book with that rug and the special atmosphere in that room. A summer day, a book and me ...

There's also a movie made after this book. I think both book and movie have an important, timeless message.
This quote gives you just a little idea of what that is.

Gregory Peck is Atticus Finch, an attorney defending a black man who is accused to have raped a white woman.
One day his daughter Scout is coming home from school all upset about her new teacher.


Atticus Finch: If you learn this single trick, Scout, you'll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.
Scout: Sir?
Atticus: Till you climb inside his skin and walk around in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment