10/09/2015

Tackle that stash - Cosmic spiral pendant

Don't ask me where the name comes from. Maybe I still had Donovan's Cosmic Wheels from my playlist on my mind or maybe the lampwork bead reminded me of a little planet with the pearl as one of its moons?
Fact is that the misty pink lampwork bubble bead has been an orphan in my drawer for too long and really needed to be made into something.

I haven't been working in wire for a while, so I set out to make a wire crochet rope and see where it would take me. Actually I wasn't even sure how far that spool of wire would get me. Would it be enough for a necklace? A bracelet?
Turns out that I didn't have to worry about that after the spiral idea popped into my head. I don't do asymmetry that often, but sometimes it's just appealing.

What do you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment