10/11/2015

Quote of the week

Robin Hood, the hero of my childhood. Along with Lancelot of course. We had these two books about the legends of Robin and King Arthur, and I swear I read them up and down and back again.
It's not the first time I am talking about Robin here, either. Remember this quote? And it won't be the last time, either. Now let's get to the point, though.

How would you feel if you just came home from the Crusades and saw people taking away your castle? And what if that wasn't all yet ...

Robin: Blinkin, listen to me. They've taken the castle!
Blinkin: I thought it felt a bit drafty. Grr. This never would have happened if your father was alive.
Robin: He's dead?
Blinkin: Yes.
Robin: And my mother?
Blinkin: She died of pneumonia whilst ... oh, you were away.
Robin: My brothers?
Blinkin: They were all killed by the plague.
Robin: My dog Pongo?
Blinkin: Run over by a carriage.
Robin: My goldfish Goldie?
Blinkin: Eaten by the cat.
Robin (whimpering): My cat?
Blinkin: Choked on the goldfish.
Robin is about to start sobbing.
Blinkin: Oh, it's good to be back home, ain't it, Master Robin?


Ouch.

Robin Hood: Men In Tights, USA, 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment