10/10/2010

Quote of the week


I have read the book, I have seen the movie, and I love both.
They have everything (and that is a quote in itself): "Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles..."

My very favorite quote of the many, many I love is this one, though. I love to say it in most unfitting moments, too.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Any idea yet?
It's what Mandy Patinkin says to the count who killed his father the sword maker. And the movie is ........

The Princess Bride, USA, 1987

3 comments:

  1. Gosh I never realized that movie is *that* old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my all-time favoritest movies ever!! :-) I knew from the picture and from the first quote for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Won't be the last quote from it that appears here! :-D

    ReplyDelete