7/03/2015

Tackle that stash - Cottage garden bracelet

Okay, so it's not really a cottage garden, but you have to admit it would have been hard to add edible plants, too. I just did like the idea when my friend, the Chimp, saw a WIP picture and said it reminded her of one.

I don't know if you saw my Yin Yang pendant which really started the idea. Its little accents with the glass cabochons in their seed bead and brick stitch settings reminded me of flowers.
I had already cooked up some bead soup from lots of different greens to loom the base to which I had added a picot edging of tiny green seed beads.
There was still a whole bunch of those glass cabs in my stash. Whenever I had finished one blossom, I sewed it onto the base until there were eleven of them on there, each one in a different color. I noticed that I have a lot more colors in Delicas than in seed beads. Is that a good sign or a bad one?

Now those blossoms needed some stems. I had wanted to use the same beads as in the edging, but they turned out to be a little too dark to actually stick out, so I used transparent light yellow beads with two different green threads instead.

The plan had been to leave it at that, but then I remembered my little lampwork bees from Izzybeads. I thought one of them would make a great little charm to dangle from the bracelet. On the way to the drawer, however, inspiration struck. How about adding one of her smiling suns to make my flowers grow? Even better!

So here you go.
"Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells, and cockle shells,
And pretty maids all in a row."



No comments:

Post a Comment