7/09/2022

The "Energy" bracelet

From time to time I have a look at the pieces in my storage boxes to decide what I want to do with them. There is a mix of new pieces, slightly older pieces, but there are also some really old pieces.
On my computer, some of those old pieces are in my "inactive" folder meaning they are waiting to be ripped up, changed, or donated if deemed worthy. Sometimes it's just a matter of not being able to decide.

The "Energy" cuff is from 2012, the early days of my bead looming.
I made it with a small fringe and from the moment I finished that, I wasn't really happy with it. Instead of doing something about it, though, I kept looking at the bracelet time and time again and putting it back into the drawer.
It was probably one of the first pieces that got put into the "inactive" folder. All I knew was that I didn't want to rip it up completely. I spent some time with creating the pattern and I am still strangely fascinated by it.
I don't remember what, if anything, had been the plan behind this pattern, maybe I just went overboard in BeadTool and couldn't stop myself.
A friend, however, said she saw bursts of energy in it, and that evoked an image of early horror movies in my mind - a strange technical device, built by a crazy scientist, sending forth rays of energy. To whom, to what, for what purpose, that will have to stay a secret.

Looking at it today, I thought that was probably the reason why the fringe didn't work for me. It didn't go together with that image.
So I finally cut it off, and the clean edges work much better, I think.


Why did it take me ten years to see that, you'd like to know?
I have no idea. Maybe the bracelet had enough energy by now to transfer some onto me? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment