7/19/2013

Still here

You might have thought that I hired a robot to do the finds and the quotes of the week while I escaped to a beautiful island with lots of water around to fight the heat off.
If that were the case, I would have to fire that robot because he missed posting last Monday's finds. Bad robot. Well, he would be bad if I had one. I wish I did have one, for taking pictures. I'll tell you more about that in a while, though.
Apart from taking pictures I did a bit of this and a bit of that and very little of that (aka housework). The heat is not my friend. So while watching "Fargo" just for the reason that the movie is full of snow - and I don't even like snow - I played around with a two-color wire knit.
I used two contrasting colors, a light gold and black. The effect is nice, but not as clear as I hoped it would be.
I'll keep you up-to-date on further attempts.


2 comments:

  1. But I like the subtleness. Were both wires the same gauge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Knowing myself I'll come back to this again, but not right away. I get easily bored with doing the same things. I should probably also try with a bigger size hook to see if it makes a significant difference.
      My favorite wire gauge for crocheting and knitting is 28 gauge (30 gauge for silver) which both of these are.

      Delete