2/17/2016

Oldies but Goodies - Geometric

I have talked about my most impressive geometry abilities before. I'm practically a geometry wizard.
Yeah, okay, no, I'm not. I think I disliked it even more than algebra if that's possible.
I do like geometric shapes, though - ever since elementary school when we were introduced to the basics of set theory. We had these little plastic things in the shape of circles, triangles, rectangles and more which had different colors and surfaces, and I liked playing with them.
Don't ask me what I learned or if I learned anything at all, after all that happened in the last millennium ;-)

Geometric shapes were also the topic for this week's Jewelry Artisans Community Oldies but Goodies Challenge.
Here's a selection of what our members came up with, and I think it's a really great mix!


1 The Crafty Chimp
2 Echoes of Ela
3 MC Stoneworks
4 Jewelry Art by Dawn
5 Violetmoon's Corner
6 RioRita
7 Cat's Wire

10 comments:

  1. Wow, very cool!

    I think I would have done a lot better at math if it had been taught in connection with jewelry making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll ask my teacher brother (not math) what he as a pro thinks of the idea ;-)

      Delete
  2. Like Dawn just said, I think I too would have been better in math. :)

    Again, great entries everybody! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool selection! Yes, Dawn, that's true! My issue with Math was that it was so abstract and sounded so far fetched to me in many ways. I never thought it would be of any practical use to me later on. Boy, was I wrong! A truly great and effective teacher to me is one who can show real world applications that open the students' eyes and get them to see all of the possibilities they gain through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem was that I was simply not interested in it at all ...

      Delete
  4. Great selection of art. Like you I am geometrically challenged. x

    ReplyDelete