2/18/2016

Ice cream

I'm sure you have seen the recipe floating round. I don't remember where I saw it first or I would give credit for it.
I made this before, only with just banana and cocoa back then.
Now a friend and I agreed on avoiding chocolate and cookies until Easter, well, at least give it a try.
 
Time for some healthy ice cream!
This time I took a banana, sliced it up and froze the slices in a funny ice tray I happened to have on hand (thanks, sis!). I chose frozen strawberries for this that I didn't slice. Maybe I'll try that next time to see if there's a difference. 
The frozen banana and strawberries went into my little food processor, together with a little cream and a little honey which was what I had on hand. I intend to experiment with that as well.

That's what it looked like after a while. It's a tad soft from being whirled around in my food processor of course, so it's back in the freezer for a bit now.
Doesn't it look great?
Of course I had to try it, and it tastes just as good as it looks!


7 comments:

  1. I used to make ice cream like that with frozen bananas, and a bit of milk or 7-up, it needed no cream because the bananas made it creamy enough. :)

    I will try this one in spring or summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, I had to use up that last bit of cream, so it was perfect.

      Delete
  2. I'll take a serving, please. Looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. Next time I'll try huckleberries with the banana.

      Delete
  3. Hard to believe that something that looks so good is a healthy treat. Going to try that when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fruit eater, but I guess this is better than none at all ;-)

      Delete