1/01/2012

Quote of the week

First of all let me wish you all a Happy New Year. I'm a little late, I admit, but not too late. It's still the 1st here. I hope that you had a smooth transition into the new year and that it welcomed you in a good way.

The day here was foggy. I don't mind fog as long as I am not outside in it for too long, my sense of direction is bad enough without it. When I'm inside, it makes me feel all cuddly. I celebrated the feeling with a Cary Grant DVD marathon and with practising a new technique (about which you'll hear more in a few days).

As I don't have much time in this day left, forgive me for taking the easy way out and take a quote from a Cary Grant movie once again. Come on, you know I can't help it.
Let me ask you one question first ... what do you think about building a house? I don't think I could. I almost went nuts when our kitchen got done and the hallway. It felt as if the contractors were here all the time. The cats had to be locked away and hated it, I couldn't run around the way I would have wanted to ... and my, they started early, even on days when I didn't have to work and would have loved a little more sleep.

Mr. Blandings is building a house. About everything that can go wrong is going wrong. I love this movie although I do a lot of cringing when watching it.
One of my favorite scenes is when the house has kept growing on the paper and the architect is looking for a way to save money. But hey, you can never have enough space, can you? Especially with two daughters ...


Mrs. Blandings: I refuse to endanger the health of my children in a house with less than four bathrooms.
Mr. Blandings: For 1300 $ they can live in a house with three bathrooms and rough it.


By the way, I also highly recommend the book this movie is based on!

No comments:

Post a Comment