6/01/2016

Oldies but Goodies - Black Tie

Have you ever been to a black tie event? Honestly, I haven't. Okay, so I don't really wear black ties at all ;-) For such an event it has to be a bow tie, I read. I remember that when I was a teenager it was totally in to wear a bow tie, both girls and boys did it, sometimes even with a special t-shirt. We were such fashion victims ... erm, rebels. One of mine was metallic blue leather.
I'm digressing. This week the Oldies but Goodies Challenge at the Jewelry Artisans Community was about black ties, not metallic blue ones, about formal, fancy events, not about a party for teenagers.
For once it's a good thing we are no experts for men's jewelry. Did you know that at such an event you are not even supposed to wear a wrist watch, no matter how fancy it is?
So instead we set out to see what we could find to spruce up a lady's gown for the fancy black tie event. Enjoy!


1 MC Stoneworks
2 Jewelry Art by Dawn
3 The Crafty Chimp
4 Cat's Wire
5 Violetmoon's Corner

5 comments:

  1. We had some beautiful pieces that would be perfect for a fancy gig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now we just have to find that fancy gig! :-D

      Delete
  2. I've never been to a black tie event either. If I were to attend such an affair, I'd happily and proudly wear any of the pieces shown in your collage, Cat!

    ReplyDelete