9/24/2012

Interview with the artist - Mari from Wire Fox

Today I ask you to give Mari a warm welcome. I got to know her on deviantArt where I fell in love with her creations at first sight. I'm sure so will you.

When I saw my favorite piece for the first time, I had to ask if she would do my little interview. Isn't this comb gorgeous?? You know how much I love octopi!


Copper comb "Octopus"

Now let's jump right in!

Tell us a little about who you are and where you come from.


My name is Marina and I'm from Ukraine.

What's your art and how did you get to do it in the first place?
I'm a wire worker now. In my work I use copper wire, gemstones and glass. I began with polymer clay and had been working with it for 2 or 3 years. Some years ago I had a crisis. So I tried to find new materials that would be able to interest me. I used wool, felt and vintage supplies.
But past autumn I decided to try to work with wire again. It has changed my crafty life.

Copper brooch "Honey"

I think this is one of the most asked questions - where does your inspiration come from?

My inspiration comes from the material. When I choose new beads and cabochons to buy - then my imagination flashes with new ideas. I really like metal, copper, because it's possible to create any form that you are able to imagine.
Also I try to find inspiration in nature ^-^ by picking out and re-designing organic forms and objects.

Copper comb "Faun"

Do you do other crafts, if yes, what?

I don't do any other crafts. But I'm also a digital artist. I have been a designer for more than 7 years, the last 5 of them I have been a 3d artist in game development.
And I wish to spend more time on painting.

Which one of your pieces is your absolute favorite?

I have to mention two of my pieces. The first one is the brooch "Hurricane". I like it for its simple, very dynamic shapes. I think this brooch resonates with my soul, my imagination about myself.
And the second - comb "Kracen". It's my favorite object of art, I created it for a contest. And it made 3rd place. (See, I'm not the only one who loves it so! ~ Cat)

Brooch "Hurricane"



Is there someone whom you admire and who inspires you?

Oh yeah! Lunarieen and Amareno Style from Poland and Imnium from Croatia. I think they're gods/goddesses of wire ^-^  
 
If you had free choice of just one supply you can use for your art, what would you be dreaming of, no matter how expensive?

Definitely it would be silver.

Do you sell online, if yes, where can we find you?

You can find me on Etsy and DaWanda. I have a Russian shop, too.

Is there anything you feel you need or want to tell the world outside now?

Be creative! Smile, fall in love, take risks, and to do crazy things sometimes. Often do what you love, and be persistent. Do not give up after the first failure.
Watch your health too!
Life is wonderful ^-^

Bracelet "Green Owl"

Now am I right or what? Of course I could only show you a few of Mari's pieces, and believe me, the choice was really tough!
I hope you'll take the time and have a look at her shop and dream a little ...

No comments:

Post a Comment