11/30/2023

And so it begins ...

Having known him for almost 2 1/2 years now, I must be a special kind of fool to put up my Christmas tree, him of course being der Dekan.
Last year I didn't, but I missed it so much, and maybe he would be nice and not destroy it? Well, at the moment der Dekan is leading with at least 2 points (Christmas tree 0 and it's hard to imagine it'll score eventually) by pulling down two of my pineapple slice ornaments after ten seconds.
This year, the tree didn't go in its usual spot on the Stairs to Nowhere because I didn't like the idea of it falling down a few stairs, so now it's where I can see it better.
Since checking last, I saw it shivering - in fear, no doubt - and I even saw it trying to run away. Have I ever mentioned that der Dekan loves to pull things (the reason not to put the ball chain on the tree this year)? After that, I heard some sounds, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some more ornaments on the floor now.
Of course, I was smart enough not to put any glass baubles on the tree. It's mostly the pineapple slices which I stuck on the branches as that is not as tempting (haha!) as having them dangle, some of my first wire crochet baubles, and some wood and metal. I didn't even put my Santa Jack Skellington on the top this year, let's see how things go and maybe I'll change my mind.
And in case you wonder, Gundel checked out the tree as well. She had one look, turned around and left again.

Sorry for the bad pictures, but it was already too dark to take a picture without flash and with flash is not that great, either. You get the idea, I'm sure.



I also couldn't put any of my new ornaments on the tree.
Yes, I made new ornaments because there will be an advent calendar again this year.
This time it will not be about traditions, however, but it will be crafty. I hope you will be following it - my success AND my fails!

6 comments:

  1. He is just full of mischief, that one, and up to no good as well. But, he's having fun and he makes you (and us) laugh and that's all that really matters, isn't it? Enjoy your tree, Cat. I know the kitties will! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I'm not enjoying it much today. I think der Dekan had a coffee drip, his energy is off the charts while mine is at zero which makes it very hard to keep up! ;-)

      Delete
  2. That tree is definitely in trouble. It’s a giant cat toy! But I understand. The Christmas tree was always my favorite part of Christmas.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you say "Timber"? Yes, today it happened the second time. This whole thing is probably doomed to be short-lived.

      Delete
  3. I have a tiny tree that I am reluctant to put up this year because Greg and Brad love to destroy new things.Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not that lucky. I really knew it was a stupid idea. Share pictures if you put yours up, but with Greg and Brad being even younger than der Dekan, it might be a good idea not to tempt them ;-)

      Delete