7/22/2023

Folded peyote

I had seen earrings in the folded peyote technique before, but only now I had a reason to take a closer look, a reason I won't go into yet, though.
For those who want to try themselves, I recommend this YouTube tutorial by Anzu Crafts. She uses big beads which makes it very easy to follow and her explanations are really good even if you should be a beginner at peyote.

Of course I wasn't happy with just making the folded peyote, I also had to add some extras.
The shiny pink and luster purple pendant, for example, is embellished with tiny silver seed beads and for contrast it got a darker Polaris bead dangling in the center.


For the earrings I wanted a gothic look, so I used black with the luster purple and added spikes in the color "crystal vitrail light" for an edgy look.
Depending on the angle of the light, they appear clear or, thanks to the coating on the back, in a soft purple which goes beautifully with the purple Delicas. I am in love with those spikes and have quite a stash, so be prepared to see more of them in the future.

10 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that a leaf is the only picture that comes up in my head 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, so I'm not the only one!! Shame on us, Tina, shame on us, lol!

      Delete
  2. These are amazing and gorgeous! And yes, now I want to make them. Too many things I want to do. I’ve been so engrossed in drawing fabric.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle!
      I hear you about too many things. Nothing of it will run away. If the fabric makes you happy at the moment, that's what you should do.

      Delete
    2. At the moment it really does. It’s like I have had lol of these designs in my head for 50 years with no outlet. But the digital apps make up for my incompetence as an artist. LOL! Honestly, I can remember trying to draw as a child, and I considered the paper to be ruined if I had to erase. Needless to say, drawing was very frustrating for me then. Now I can erase as many times as I’d like and the canvas remains pristine. Yes, I am weird. 😜

      Michelle

      Delete
    3. Not weird at all.
      Digital applications definitely have their use for some things, but I also love that people don't forget about the analog arts and crafts.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness so you have these for sale ? Absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This particular pair has been sold, but I still have different spikes.
      Available are a green and a red pair at the moment, pictures are at https://catswire.blogspot.com/p/gallery-earrings.html

      Delete