11/30/2016

Oldies but Goodies - Cranberries

I remember a time when you didn't get cranberries here in Germany. Now they are everywhere. Frozen or dried like in the quite addictive cashew-cranberry mix I just had for a snack.
The first time I met the cranberry was in a fruit punch (that was simply fabulous). Around these parts we are more familiar with the lingonberry. Both kinds are easily confused as you can see on the aptly named site Botanical Accuracy which was a relief for me because that means for once I don't stick out with my pathetic botanical knowledge ;-) Both kinds go well with meat and are popular on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. I don't eat meat, but potato salad and caraway bread with lingonberry sauce, mmmmm.

The Jewelry Artisans Community Oldies but Goodies Challenge asked for cranberry colors this week and this is only part of we came up with.


1 and 6 Violetmoon's Corner
2 and 4 MC Stoneworks
3 Jewelry Art by Dawn
5 Cat's Wire

No comments:

Post a Comment