11/16/2016

Oldies but Goodies - Topaz

"Honey yellow. Fiery orange. Cyclamen pink. Icy blue. In warm or cool tones, topaz is a lustrous and brilliant gem." This is a quote from the website of the Gemological Institute of America. Another one is the reason "why we love this gemstone - topaz comes in some of the gem world’s largest crystals: the largest are kilos, not carats". Wow.

Here at the Jewelry Artisans Community Oldies but Goodies Challenge we are not offering you kilos of topaz. In fact I don't even show you all colors, and not all of it is even real topaz.
The choice of topic was inspired by topaz being the birthstone for this month. I'll admit that birthstones confuse me sometimes because you get different lists. For example I read on one page that the golden topaz is the stone for November and the blue variety for December.
Just to be on the safe side I stuck with the golden color. I hope you'll enjoy my selection.


1 and 5 Violetmoon's Corner
2 and 4 Cat's Wire
3 and 6 MC Stoneworks
7 Jewelry Art by Dawn

2 comments:

  1. Topaz is my birthstone and I've always been disappointed that it wasn't one of the more flashy stones like diamonds, rubies or emeralds. But, over the years, I've come to appreciate the topaz for it's understated elegance. Your collage confirms my feelings, Cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it comes in so many varieties! Have you looked at the link? Such beautiful colors.

      Delete