8/07/2015

Tackle that stash - Digging into those seed beads!

It's my sister's fault or maybe it's the fault of the girls at her workplace.
Some of them have found the way to beading. In a future post I will show you a few of their pieces. When sis had the idea that my Francie had to wear a daisy chain headband, I had to look up the stitch. I passed it on to her, she passed it on to the girls and they started making daisy chains.
When I made Herringbone bracelets and necklaces with Twin Beads to use up some of my stash, I passed it on to her, she passed it on to the girls - and more, but as I said already that will be topic of another post - and they made Twin Bead bracelets.

I guess it was a natural consequence that we had to branch out. Me and off loom stitching? Unbelievable.
While my sister explored the St. Petersburg stitch, I started with RAW, the right angle weave.
I used crystals, seed beads, cube beads and varied the number of beads between my accent beads.

Together with the Daydreamer rope bangles after a design by Jill Wiseman I used up tons of my Czech seed bead stash.
The bangles are great for stacking in these bright colors, by the way!

What do you think which stitch I should be trying to learn next?


P.S. The first bracelet is in my DaWanda shop, the others are still waiting for their photoshoot.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, who would have thought, Cat going off loom. :)

    Looks as if you like it, think of all the possibilities and all the patterns/techniques you now can explore! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I still feel this is not really me and I don't get the same feeling from doing it (yet?), so don't expect too much ;-)

      Delete