4/24/2015

Tackle that stash - Beaded miniature tote bag with fringe

Usually I don't count my seed beads as stash in the sense of these posts. Yes, I do have a lot of colors, and there are definitely some that have been around for a long time, some because I didn't have an idea for them yet, some of which I only needed a few when I got them, but it's hard to tell apart what is what.

The beads for today's stash tackle project, however, were easy to pick.
A while ago I had ordered a lined pale lavender color. Unfortunately I found out it came out so pale that it got lost in the piece, so the tube went into the drawer where it stayed.
When I decided to use up some wild bead soup from very random colors that I had spilled into my bead tray over the time, but knew it wouldn't be enough, the pale lavender was just the right background.

This is the finished project now, a miniature tote bag with fringe, done in brick stitch. It's only part of a much bigger WIP. Do you want to guess what is it that it will belong to?


6 comments:

  1. How cute! What a great way to use up seed beads.

    I'm guessing the tote will be part of a Barbie ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome - love the fringe!

    I'm also guessing that it's for one of your Barbie projects. This little tease has me REALLY looking forward to seeing your next Barbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but there are two waiting in line to be finished at the moment! One of them only needs one detail, but that is giving me a hard time ...

      Delete
  3. That is so sweet, now make a big one for yourself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but that won't happen ;-) Not even because of my patience or the tons of beads it would use up, but also because I only use my beloved shopper with the kittens on it!

      Delete