8/11/2013

Quote of the week

Today's quote is about .... love.

Sam's mum just died and his stepdad Daniel is worried about his behavior. Sitting on a bench together they get to the core of the problem.

Daniel: So, what's the problem, Samuel? Is it just Mum or is it something else, huh? Maybe school? Are you being bullied? Or is it something worse? Can you give me any clues at all? 
Sam: You really want to know?
Daniel: I really want to know.
Sam: Even though you won't be able to do anything to help?
Daniel: Even if that's the case, yeah.
Sam: Ok. Well ... truth is, actually ... I'm in love.
Daniel: Sorry?
Sam: I know I should be thinking about Mum and I am, but the truth is I'm in love. I was before she died and there's nothing I can do about it.
Daniel: Aren't you a bit young to be in love?
Sam: No.
Daniel: Ah, well. Ok, well ... I'm a little relieved.
Sam: Why?
Daniel: Because I thought it'd be something worse!
Sam: Worse than the total agony of being in love?
Daniel: Er ... No, you're right. Total agony.



Do you remember your first love?

Love actually, UK/USA/F, 2003

P.S. I was in a bit of a hurry - after all I have a new electronic thingy to hook up and I have to watch the latest movie with my favorite Indian actor -  and a very real cat tail on my keyboard didn't make it easy for me to write, but it was still better than trying to write with the whole cat on my shoulder. That's why you won't get a big intro this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment