8/10/2026

10 on the 10th - Would you rather ...

It's time for Marsha in the Middle's 10 on the 10th again.
Today she has another round of "Would you rather ..." for us.


Would you rather vacation in Alaska or Bali?

I'll take Alaska, but not in winter. Too much snow for me.

Would you rather learn to play a musical instrument or learn to paint?

I had violin lessons when I was (a lot) younger, but my one attempt at learning how to draw failed (not through my fault) and somehow I never managed to try again, so I'll take the painting, please.

Public domain via pxhere

Would you rather wear flip flops or sneakers?

Sneakers. I hate flip flops.

Would you rather ride the highest roller coaster or bump along on the Lazy River ride?

If I really have to pick one, it will be the Lazy River ride. I have been on a roller coaster - no huge one - and it's not for me. I never tried a Lazy River ride or even got the chance to, so I don't know if I would like it.

Would you rather go on a road trip or take a flight to a faraway destination?

Definitely a road trip!

Public domain via pxhere

Would you rather have a summer birthday or a winter birthday?


I have a summer birthday, but I don't celebrate, so I would be fine with any day of the year.

Would you rather go to a flea market or a craft fair?

A craft fair is really nice of course, but I'd always pick the flea market because of the surprise factor if I had to choose.

Public domain via pxhere

Would you rather go tubing down a river or zip-lining through the trees?

Neither. I'm really not that kind of person and never have been.

Would you rather go on a safari or
 a whale watching tour?

That's a difficult one. I'm never sure what to think about either of those. I find all animals fascinating, though.

Would you rather be able to control the weather or talk to animals?

Turning the current heat off or being able to control the weather's impact on the planet for the better sounds tempting of course, but I wouldn't trust any human with an ability like that, no matter if they would abuse the power or messing things up inadvertently despite wanting to do something good.
Talking to animals - sorry, as much as I would like to know right now what Gundel wants from me (probably to control the weather for the better), I don't think humans are ready to hear what they would tell us.

22 comments:

  1. I feel like I’m that woman who’s constantly thinking “same,” “me too,” or “me neither” when I read your answers. Although I’ve seriously wondered whether I’d actually want to be able to talk to animals, because on the one hand I would, but on the other… Here, Gundel seems to be saying, “But don’t you understand anything at all?” 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once read a story about people being able to talk to their animals because of a disturbance in the atmosphere. They were not happy. Then the disturbance went away and everything went back to "normal", but the people couldn't really forget about it.
      So yeah, part of me really wants to talk to animals, but another part really doesn't.
      Gundel is absolutely right. I'm useless, I tell you, useless!

      Delete
  2. We are pretty opposite! Haha, love these questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be honest, you are also not sure if you want to talk to your cats, are you? 😁
      Being different makes this so fun!

      Delete
  3. Hunting for hidden treasures at flea markets beats a craft fair every single time because surprise items bring pure joy. Choosing comfy sneakers over flip-flops is rule number one for happy feet. Picturing cute Gundel bossing you around to fix the weather makes me chuckle out loud. Give me a classic road trip over airports any afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't always have to be big surprises, either, and sometimes it's even enough to see something without buying it.
      Yes, Gundel certainly is the boss around here these days. Today was a day when I very much felt I couldn't have pleased her with anything but lower temperatures. Which would have made me happy as well, but which I'm unfortunately not able to provide so she had to retreat to another room to make me feel the loneliness I deserve now 😉

      Delete
  4. I am not good at crafts or art, but I do enjoy fairs and sales. I love Gundel's picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Window shopping at fairs can be nice, too.
      Gundel is great at making me feel completely incompetent!

      Delete
  5. Your answers really surprised me at times! I think, if I lived in Europe, a road trip would be fun. Here in the States, it takes a long time (from my home anyway) to get to a change in landscape. We took lots of road trips when I was a kid so I'm all about the long distance trips now. Of course, I haven't gone anywhere in forever, so I would definitely settle for a road trip. I don't know of any flea markets around me, but I could probably find one and try to experience it just for you, Cat! Your answer about controlling the weather intrigues me...are you saying you can't be trusted? After all, it's you who would be in charge!!! Hahaha!!! I know what Jack is thinking at all times. Feed me. I'm hungry. Where's that rabbit? All three on a continual loop! Thanks for playing along!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'm too serious about the question, but I think no one could be trusted with a power that big.
      It made me think of a comic with Scrooge McDuck and Gyro Gearloose. Gyro invented a climate changing machine and created two spaces. One was hot, one was cold, the persons testing them were very happy. But something got crossed and in the end everything exploded. Gyro had just wanted to help, though.
      Would anyone be good enough at creating a climate fair and useful for everyone, most of all for nature? Messing it up wouldn't have to be on purpose. So no, I wouldn't trust myself with this, either.

      A road trip has never been about landscape for me first, but about the things I see on the way. On our first USA trip, we did a week long trip and I enjoyed seeing small towns as much as the nature. Now you could say that of course it was different because it was the first time, but I feel the same way even about my own area. I love road trips. I have never been a beach person and I learned to hate long flights over the years. Now if you have a transporter for me, I'd gladly check out one or the other faraway destination!

      Aww, sweet Jack. Maybe he would surprise you with his deep thoughts.

      Delete
  6. I pick Alaska even in winter. Anything is better than some sunshiny island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can talk about it if I don't have to go out into the snow! I wouldn't pick Bali in winter either, though. I'd just stay at home.

      Delete
  7. These are fun! I’m with you on Alaska (but definitely NOT in winter!), sneakers, and a road trip. I’d pick the lazy river too—roller coasters and I are not friends! I love your answer about talking to animals, though. As tempting as it sounds, I have a feeling our pets might have quite a few things to say that we aren’t prepared to hear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure of it, and why should they hold back? Humans sure don't!

      Delete
  8. We have lots of opposite answers. I've been a few flea markets; my mother in law LOVED them and she took me to quite a few when I was still in high school since I had never been to one before. We have some really huge ones that take up a whole fields here in New England and we could easily spend much of the day at one. That said, I didn't love them nearly as much as she did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For us, it was often like a field trip going to one or more flea markets depending on where they were. Getting up early, driving there through the dark, spend time there, then breakfast somewhere or a picnic sometimes - and if we found something it was the cherry on top. Good memories.
      I'll never forget my first American flea market, either.

      Delete
  9. We have a lot of similarities, of course....zip lines and rafting on rivers? Ew. Flip flops? Ew. Roller coasters. Ew.

    Road trips are and aren't my thing. Sitting a car a long time makes me ache and hurt but I like seeing the sights.

    If I could read my cat's mind right now I'm afraid she'd say "I've felt like crap and you do nothing to help! That medicine is gross! Also your husband is sort of stupid because he doesn't know how to pet me right."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get aching and hurting from car rides. Breaks are really important.
      You are probably right about her thinking that. Gundel has also taken to refuse her prednisone, the heat makes her as crabby as I am.

      Delete
  10. I think you're right that a human shouldn't be trusted to control the weather, even if they had the ability. That was more or less my thinking. I also think you're right that humans aren't ready to hear what animals are really thinking so that made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The exception is really when we worry and need them to tell us why they are not feeling well!
      Thank you for stopping by, have a great weekend!

      Delete
  11. I could have written most of these responses. Except for the birthday. I don’t celebrate either. But that’s from being chronically disappointed by having a winter birthday lost among the holidays. However, I’m old enough now that I don’t care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I understood why they could be a disappointment. I know others whose birthdays were lumped together with the holidays.

      Delete

If you like what you've read, if you have a question, additional information or if you simply want to say hello, please do! I love comments and would like to hear from you.
Comments are moderated, however, to protect from spammers and trolls, so they will be published after approval.