10/13/2023

Green, green, green ....

is all of my clothing ... the words don't work perfectly with the melody of the German children's song I grew up with, but that's ok.
It's an old one from the 19th century and each verse is about a different color and profession.

"Green, green, green is all of my clothing, green, green, green is everything I have. Therefore I love everything that is green because my sweetheart is a hunter."
The other colors are red for the rider, blue for the sailor, black for the chimney sweep, white for the miller, and colorful for the painter.

I had to think of this song when a friend said she had so many clothes in green and would I make her some earrings to go with them?
She chose the beads for the folded peyote and I have to say that the shiny green reminding of beetles' wings was a great choice with the matte green for the inside.

So, what next?

5 comments:

  1. I loved the first pair you made, and they are equally beautiful in green. Those two sets of beads are an amazing combination.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      You should try it some time, you can also do it with big cylinder beads like the lady did in the video tutorial. Once you get the hang, you can really play with it, but that's a story for another day.

      Delete
  2. I really love this design. The two layers in different, yet complementing colors give it a 3D effect which is amazing. :) Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She chose very well indeed. I don't know if I would have come up with this combo by myself.

      Delete
    2. She surely did. They work great together.

      Delete