1/10/2019

Oldies but Goodies - Garnet

This week's Jewelry Artisans Community Oldies but Goodies Challenge is all about garnets and garnet colors. Garnet, the January birthstone, can come in all kinds of colors as there are different types, for example hessonite, tsavorite, rhodolite, spessartine and more, so there are shades of yellow, orange, red, and green.

Most people, however, probably think of a more or less deep brownish red when thinking of garnets.
For me garnets always came in clusters set in gold when I was a child, and it was jewelry that looked vintage and that old ladies like my grandmother used to wear. Those times are long over, although, to be honest, some of that "old" jewelry actually looks rather nice to me today!

As you can tell from today's selection, the JAC artists also think of garnet as red first ;-)


1 and 7 RioRita
2 and 3 Jewelry Art by Dawn
4 and 8 Cat's Wire
5 and 6 MC Stoneworks

2 comments:

  1. Well, we all may think of red first when we think of garnet, but what a rich, deep red it is. Gorgeous selections, Cat, and thank you for including me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Dawn, I love the kitty pendant!

      Delete