5/31/2010

The lady behind the dragon - ColtPixy


You know Tomomi, my dragon. This was the very first picture I got to see of her. Her creator was not totally happy then, but wanted to show me a first glimpse. I was in love right away and as you know I still am.
But as much as I was in love, I was in awe as well.

Meet ColtPixy, the lady behind the dragon.
I had been wandering through her studio before, unfortunately only online although it must be big fun to do it in real life to see her projects and her tools, and to listen to her.

As guild master of the Polymer Clay Smooshers on ArtFire she is doing a great job, holding the pack together (no easy task, I'd say!), blogging, promoting and inspiring.

As an artist - only talking about polymer clay now because there has been so much before - she has made jewelry (I love my bitchy peas necklace which tells my coworkers what mood I'm in ;-)), supplies, but right now her heart belongs to miniatures. Personally I think her heart has definitely shown her the right way because she made some fabulous miniatures!

You want examples? Well, calm down, they are coming right up!



And you know what the best part is? You can get them at ColtPixy's ArtFire studio! What are you waiting for? Run!!!
Stop!! Wait just another moment, I forgot something. If you want to follow ColtPixy's creative journey, head over to her blog and check it out. Ok, now go, go, go! ;-)

7 comments:

  1. Great post Cat. ColtPixy is truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is probably one of the BEST blog post that I've ever read!!! LOL Rightfully honored to such a special lady!! smooches to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ColtPixy absolutely is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I am speechless. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star has the most amazing work in her studio and blog. It is a must see. :)

    Craftybabyhope

    ReplyDelete