10/05/2026

Double, double, toil and trouble ...

... Fire, burn; and cauldron, bubble."

It's time for some Halloween jewelry, don't you think? And who better to channel than Shakespeare's witches? Or rather one of them. After I had to ditch the plan with the spiders, that is, because some enamel popped off one of them from hardly touching it (which made me sad, but I have something else in mind for those now).

It started with some matte orange beads I found in my drawer and black is of course a staple color.
I'm still trying out different 3D shapes and the long oval seemed to be the best choice in combination with the black spiders whose legs stick out on both sides. When they were out of the picture, though, I had to look for something else. I had hoped to find some of Nitta's (from Corvus Ceramics) pumpkins like the one I had used for one of my wire crochet baskets here.
I'm so sure I still have some, but they are probably in a safe place ...


Actually, I think a little witch hid them from my sight.
The witch had been in my stash since ... can you believe it ... January 2012. That's quite embarrassing and it's no wonder she wanted out of that drawer badly. I heard her curse at me from the drawer more than once and it has something 
unsettling to hear that, especially in the dark of night.
How much more perfect could she have been for this project?

I love her blue hair, the cheeks,
her nose and chin, even the wart!
I'm convinced she's not as mean as
she's trying to make you believe.

Sometimes things come to those who can wait and there we are now with a pair of mismatched earrings. You wouldn't separate a witch from her bubbling cauldron, would you?


These whimsical lampwork beads were made by my friend Laney from Izzybeads who unfortunately had to give up playing with glass, so this is an extra special pair for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you've read, if you have a question, additional information or if you simply want to say hello, please do! I love comments and would like to hear from you.
Comments are moderated, however, to protect from spammers and trolls, so they will be published after approval.