10/17/2024

A beak shining bright

Seems the invisible beak of the last one was traumatic for me and I just couldn't get over it ... I had to make another chicken, but as a pendant this time.
I still underestimate every time how long a piece like that will be taking me, especially since I only use one or two strands of floss and make quite tiny stitches. That may be something I will have to work on eventually.

Why this feathered lady would want to have a nest in the middle of a meadow, you want to know? I have no idea.
First came the hen sitting in the grass and then it somehow felt right to give her nest. Maybe my subconscious wanted to avoid having to stitch legs?
Or maybe this little scene is a flashback to childhood memories? There is a one particular wild meadow that comes up in my mind when I see or make something like this.

The bees are obviously after the flowers. They were flies at first, but then that looked a bit annoying to me, so I added the stripes.
Those flowers must be delicious or there wouldn't be as many of them!

And of course the lady has a beak shining as bright as the sun. Not invisible at all! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment