9/08/2023

A history of broomsticks (and a staff)

Are you ready to say goodbye to summer?
I welcomed September with a bead embroidered pendant in fall colors, but my mind has already wandered off to October and Halloween.

Today's design is not new to me. I have used it in one of my very first bead bracelets, even if it was a mix of beaded and bead loomed then.


Later I beaded a staff for my Fairy Queen, in this case the stick was beaded around a wood skewer.


That finally led to the broomstick for my little snowman in which the handle is again beaded around a wood skewer, but as the "twigs" are up in the air, I had to give them more substance by putting the beads on wire.


There is another broomstick, but that is for a future post because it's a WIP.
When the idea for today's item came to me, I was surprised myself. How had I not thought of that earlier?
Let's go for a ride, my friends ... with these broomstick earrings!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Your broomstick earrings are amazing!

    Michelle
    michellesuzanneartworks.space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had replied, I guess not.
      Thank you so much, Michelle! Let's go flying!

      Delete