11/08/2015

Quote of the week

The other day a co-worker and I talked about retirement. He asked me if I couldn't retire soon and I asked back how old he thought I was? I loved the way he hurried up to say "40?" I'm not weird about my age. I'm 50 and don't have a problem with that, by the way.
The little talk reminded me of today's quote, though.

Marlena, senior partner Shirley Schmidt's granddaughter, has voted in the primary although she's only 17. Shirley asks her colleague Carl Sack to represent her in court.

Carl: Straight probation, six months, and you take your instruction video off YouTube.
Shirley sighs in relief.
Marlena: No.
Shirley: Wait a minute, did you just say no? They're willing to let you go, Marlena.
Marlena: This is more than just me, Grammy. I am a movement. Millions of kids ...
Shirley interrupts her: Oh, give me a break!
Marlena: I would think you of all people would understand being a former suffragette, that sometimes you have to stand ...
Shirley interrupts her again: The law is black ... Did you just call me "a former suffragette"?
Marlena: Aren't you?
Shirley: How old do you think I am?
Marlena: I don't know, erm, 80?
Carl closes his eyes looking as if he's hurt.
Shirley: Please leave now. And take the window, it's faster.


She should have tried "40" instead ;-)

Boston Legal, USA, 2004 - 2008

2 comments:

  1. "Take the window, it's faster". I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can bet I'll keep that one in mind to use in future *g*

      Delete