8/31/2024

Organizing

I'm not a natural organizer. I have storage boxes, but items tend to mysteriously move to temporary boxes, to drawers, to my nightstand - it is normal to have wire spools on your nightstand, isn't it? - my "working box" and to several parallel universes, no doubt.

When I started embroidery, I kept my newly acquired stash in the envelopes and/or boxes it arrived in because I had no idea yet what to put where and how.
Luckily the Royal School of Needlework sends their kits in big boxes with compartments!

So after I had finished my first kit, the box was empty and ready to get filled up with all my stash.
I really hadn't expected that the floss lot I had bought would take up that much space, I just managed to fit it in and this is about three or four layers high.
For now, there's not much left that there wasn't space for, and once I will have finished my second kit, another box will be waiting to get filled up.

Can someone help me do the same with my wires now? ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Ha! While I do have things somewhat organized, after they leave their storage bin, they go into that alternate universe of lying on this table or that, underneath something, into another spot, and so on. If they are lucky, they avoid “the dreaded safe place.”

    I am envious of those project boxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be much worse, but some items are such free spirits, they need to roam, I guess 🤣
      The safe space is the absolute nightmare!
      Aren't the boxes nice? At first I hadn't seen the possibilities, but then it hit me how perfect they were. I couldn't believe that even the mini hoops fit in!

      Delete