12/01/2020

Christmas Bauble Advent Calendar - The first door

This year my blog advent calendar will be a little different because of a very personal project.
Using bead weaving techniques, I spent some time in November covering 24 little Christmas baubles with seed beads, bugles, and crystals. Some of them also got faux pearls which come from a necklace that I got as a gift for ripping up. The baubles will go as a gift to a special place. And even though I don't want to go into details, all of this is connected to one another.

There will be no long explanations or stories, only short comments, if I have something else to share, I'll add that in an extra post or leave it for January.
So the advent calendar will be like the one I remember first from my childhood, a little door for each day with a little picture behind it (or two if I want to show different angles).

8 comments:

  1. Lovely Cat! It’s going to make the recipient very happy!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are off to a beautiful start. Loving the pink. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have found beads that I never knew I had (or remember buying!).

      Delete
  3. That is incredibly beautiful, Cat. I love the pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn. Maybe I should make a set with silver lined beads next year, from pastel to bright.

      Delete
    2. That is something I would love to see, Cat.

      Delete
    3. Good :-D You can remind me when I forget ;-)

      Delete