5/14/2009

Surprise - it's an award :-D

So I tried to think about a good posting for today. Are you interested in the fact I'll get two wisdom teeth pulled in July and had a talk with the surgeon about it today (a very good-looking surgeon at that! ;-))? Nah, I guess not.
About the funny mail exchange I had at work yesterday? Hm, that might be interesting, but I don't like to mix daily work with my blog although the thought was enticing for a moment because I really would have liked to share the laugh with you.
I don't have a picture of my latest piece yet, either.
When I opened my blog today, the hard decision was taken from me by an unexpected comment.
I was presented The Lemonade Stand Award which is given to a blogger who shows great attitude and gratitude.



Isn't it cute?

I was nominated (and so was the Europe ArtFire Guild that I am a proud member of) by Deborah Nolan, you'll find her under "Society of Stamp- & Scrap-aholics"
Thanks, Deborah, I appreciate it and your kind comment about my jewelry so much!

Now I'll push the cart on to share some great blogs with you.

Elvira at viri-design - Elviras Nähwahn
This is a blog in German and it translates as "Elvira's sewing frenzy" meaning that gal just can't keep her hands off that sewing machine. She is about to set up her own website at the moment, but I already own some of her creations now. That reminds me I still have to share my gorgeous new cat bag with you.

Cindy at CND Jewelry Tales
I love Cindy's tales, she makes her beautiful jewelry come alive (erm, Cindy, where is Geni, I am still waitiiiiiing ;-)). Check it out, I am sure you'll get drawn in just like me!

Jenny at Jenny Karlsson Design
"I like to create things with my hands, live, laugh and gather wisdom ..." And she is sharing it with you. Not only through her embroidered wisdom bags, but also through being conscious about the environment and letting you know. You'll know what I mean when you look at her blog.

Wendy at Eddy G - The place to be
I get all childish looking at her pretties and to be true I seem to get all childish talking to her. A funny warm-hearted lady with a great talent and a special humor ;-)

The last one goes to an organisation and not a craft-connected one.
Not only does it make me almost cry when I look at its blog, but it also makes me grateful that there are people out there that care and help. Take this as an example for all the good causes, charities and helping hands I am not able to mention
Gorilla.cd - the official website of Virunga National Park, DR Congo

I know there are so many more blogs and I cheer them all. Sometimes I just go browsing and it's great fun, makes me think, makes me feel I am part of something amazing. The world has never been so small ...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! What a lovely surprise. Guess I know what I will blog about today! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much and yes, I'm really surprised =)
    And speechless.
    And happy.
    (and also tired)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch, Cat! This made my day :)
    And yay for our guild!

    ReplyDelete