7/26/2017

Oldies but Goodies - Over the top

First of all let me say that the topic for the Jewelry Artisans Community Oldies but Goodies Challenge does not at all mean that in a negative way regarding the following pieces. And for that matter it could even be much more over the top than what I'm showing you today! ;-)

Sometimes you feel something is over the top because you are not used to that style yourself. While I don't think any of us can make jewelry that doesn't appeal to us at all, it doesn't have to be 100% us, either - especially when making custom pieces. Maybe there's a color we wouldn't wear, maybe something is too small or too big for us, too colorful, not colorful enough.

What I like about these challenges is not only meeting old friends (as in pieces of jewelry) that fit more than one challenge, but also the inspiration I get by other artisans' and even my own pieces that I maybe almost forgot about, being reminded that you don't have to be stuck in that one groove, that there is open space in all directions and no limits to creativity other than those you set for yourself.


1 and 9 RioRita
2 and 7 Cat's Wire
3 and 5 Jewelry Art by Dawn
4 and 8 MC Stoneworks
6 The Crafty Chimp

5 comments:

  1. My natural instinct is simple jewelry, but I appreciate the beauty of over the top jewelry. JAC members posted gorgeous pieces for last week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it takes a major project to see how far you can push your limits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work everybody, I missed a few of the challenges. :O
    Don't know what happened, time just went by.

    I will try and join the fun again next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens. The current challenge is "Around the Garden", easy to join! :-D

      Delete