3/26/2017

Quote of the week

I don't know if it's the same where you are, but when I look at my TV guide, sometimes it seems to me that a big part of TV consists of "reality TV", cooking shows, fashion makeovers and/or shopping, and different kind of quizzes. Well, and sitcoms and crime shows, of course.
What is it about quizzes? Why are they so popular? Is it all about seeing someone crack the million dollar question or do we like to exercise our own brains every, now and then?

When DI Lewis and DS Hathaway are called to a murder of a quiz participant in an Oxford college, Lewis has a question for his sergeant.

Lewis: What do you think about quizzes?
Hathaway: Terminally pointless. Right up there with slugs and black pudding.


Lewis, UK, 2006 - 2015


P.S. I sometimes miss the pub quizzes we used to go to. Even if we couldn't win a million bucks there, we always had fun - and were quite tired the next morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment