8/22/2019

Oldies but Goodies - We love purple!

Last time purple was the topic for the challenge in 2016, it was inspired by the song Purple Haze.
I don't know about this time, but I do know that we have some real beauties in the Jewelry Artisans Community Oldies but Goodies Challenge - purple beauties.
Now I have to confess something. Purple confuses me. Not the color or maybe it is the color because ... what is purple? What is the difference between purple and violet and lilac (in German we translate purple into Lila, but we do have a color called Purpur, see my problem?)?
It's not the first time I have been wondering about that, it has been going on since I was a child. Finally I decided from what I heard that purple was more blue and violet was more red. Yeah, no. I guess. I don't know. If you go out there into internetland, you'll find all kinds of explanations and opinions, and it seemed to me that they even differed depending on if I searched the German or the English words.

What do you think it is?
Here's a link that might help you. I thought it helped me, but then I found the next one and the next one, and I'm as confused as before.
What I'm not confused about is that at JAC we thankfully are quite open about the rules, so I didn't have to worry about entering something wrong, neither did my fellow members :-) Here you go.


1 MC Stoneworks
2 Jewelry Art by Dawn
3 Cat's Wire
4 Bijou Bead Boutique
5 Togan
6 The Crafty Chimp
7 RioRita

No comments:

Post a Comment