3/22/2017

Oldies but Goodies - Home

One of the magnets on my fridge says "Home is where your cat is". That may be true for me, but what's home to you? If you had to pick an item to depict where you are from, what would that be?
This was the question of the new Jewelry Artisans Community Oldies but Goodies Challenge. It didn't mean just our houses, but our towns, states or countries - and we struggled a little with it because not everything that says home is easy to translate into jewelry. I mean can you imagine me making a spätzle necklace?
And so the group was a little smaller this time which doesn't mean I don't have anything to show you, though.


1/3/5/8 Jewelry Art by Dawn

1 - Dawn found this fall leaf during one of her walks in town.
3 - Lunaria flowers are also called "money plants" because their seed pods remind of silver dollars. The original name is Latin from luna, the moon, because the pods also resemble the moon.
5 - The froggy that inspired this painted cutie lived in one of Dawn's potted plants.


8 - The pine tree outside her studio gave Dawn the idea for this pendant.

2/6/7 MC Stoneworks

2 - Michele has a beautiful garden which attracts butterflies.
6 - The boot reprents Texas, the state where she lives.
7 - The orchid reminds of the lovely orchids in her bathroom.

4/9 Cat's Wire

Well, I said it already. Home is where my cats are ;-)

2 comments:

  1. It was too bad we didn't have more participation in this challenge, but I have to say that I really like the way you've showcased the items of the three of us who did join in. Beautiful collage and a fun read. Thanks, Cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't let a great chance like that to reveal a bit about us go :-D
      You are most welcome!

      Delete