12/21/2016

Oldies but Goodies - Bangles

This week we are talking about bangles. To be honest I never really thought about the exact definition of a bangle. To me it was always a bracelet without a clasp, and that's what I found in some dictionaries. Others, however, told me that a bangle is circular in shape AND rigid, not flexible. So my wire crochet bangles are not really bangles, but bracelets just because the ropes are not rigid? I know that there are others who seem to follow the same definition as mine. I'll have to check that out and let you know what I found out.

For now here are examples from our Jewelry Artisans Community Oldies but Goodies Challenge, though, "real" bangles and (maybe) not that "real" ones ;-)


1 Jewelry Art by Dawn (I hope you can see all the pictures, I just couldn't pick only one spot of this fabulous bangle!)
2 and 5 RioRita
3 and 4 Cat's Wire
6 and 7 The Crafty Chimp

No comments:

Post a Comment