6/22/2016

Oldies but goodies - Rose quartz

I loved visiting my grandma when I was a child (granted, we had some epic battles because we were both stubborn - I still am - and because even as a child I didn't think someone else should tell me what my opinion on overcooked green beans should be).
I loved playing with her things. That was also the first time I got to see rose quartz. My grandma had one of those necklaces with graduated beads and even then I liked touching them. I have a few things that belonged to my grandma, and the rose quartz necklace is one of them. Although I hardly ever wear it for which one reason is that it doesn't go that well with nerdy t-shirts, I certainly treasure it.

Since ancient times rose quartz with its pale pink color has been most commonly associated with love.

You already know that the rules for our challenges are not that strict, so for this week's Jewelry Artisans Community Oldies but Goodies Challenge pale pink non-quartz pieces were also allowed. I hope you'll feel the love that's behind all of these entries.



1 Cat's Wire
2 MC Stoneworks
3 Jewelry Art by Dawn
4 Violetmoon's Corner
5 RioRita

6 comments:

  1. There is a lot of love here.I can surely feel it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So can I!

      P.S. I just saw your beautiful necklace got cut off on one side in the picture. That wouldn't do, but now it's all there.

      Delete
  2. You need to wear your grandmother's necklace, Cat.

    Loved all of the pink creations in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe with my purple blouse :-)

      So did I.

      Delete
  3. I have always been drawn to the soft, romantic pink of rose quartz. Our members showed us some beautiful examples of this lovely stone.

    Cat, I second wearing your grandmother's rose quartz necklace. Pink and purple look great together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's more the style that is unusual for me to wear, but I'll give it a try! ;-)

      Delete