9/14/2015

Zibbet finds of the week - Flowers

The other day there was a meme on Facebook saying "I just want to let you know that if you ever need to have a plant killed, I'm the person to do that job."
Have I mentioned my ten black thumbs here before? I could tell you heartbreaking stories about flowers that dropped dead at a hello from me, and of course there's the story of one cactus that I bought when I was about 14 (I had a serious cactus addiction then and hid them in the cellar before smuggling them upstairs hoping my mother wouldn't notice *eyeroll*). After seeing my other cacti writhing in agony my Mom saved the last one, a Cleistocactus strausii (one name I'll never forget). When I moved out, I insisted on taking it along with me, my only plant. By now it had got several offshoots (is that even the right word?) while the original "mother cactus" was gone.
Wikipedia says that "watering too much in winter often leads to root rot". Yup, that. Didn't take me long, either. I am sorry, little Cleistocactus.

The flowers I am showing you today are tougher and won't be affected by my stare of death, I promise. Enjoy!


Simple Flowers watercolor painting by Maine Artist


Womens winter hat with red flowers by classydress


Brown felt slippers with flowers by BaLiVi


"In Blooms" free standing fused art glass panel by Kelly Girl Creations


Dollhouse miniature 1/12 summer rose wreath by Pei Li's Dollhouse Miniatures


Vintage summer sun dress at Mills Design Co.


Flower handbag by River Purse Works

No comments:

Post a Comment